About Us

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
We are just your normal and average family. (Well as normal and as average as you can get when you are us.) Lantz is employed at an ivestment management firm and enjoys his job most days. I am a happy stay-at-home mom. I feel lucky everyday that I have the opportunity to remain at home and see our daughter grow and develop non-stop! I rarely miss a "first" and look forward to all of the new firsts to come. Sadie is a bright, energetic toddler that LOVES to cause mischief. She enjoys playing with Skittles and for the most part Skittles stoically tolerates her.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spoiled Mommy...

Mother's Day must have come early. On Saturday, Sadie woke up earlier than normal around 5:00am, and was crying pretty good. I was working my way up to getting up to go get her, when Lantz said that he would go get her. I was not going to argue.

Later, around 6:00 he came back into our room with her and a few of her books. I changed her diaper and went a got her some milk and a banana, and then the three of us settled in to read stories. Around 7:00, Lantz took Sadie downstairs and I got to go back to sleep. He finished feeding her breakfast and got her dressed and played with her, while I got to sleep in. I could hardly believe when I woke up and saw that it was almost 10:00!! I was then able to get up at my leisure and take a nice long shower and get dressed all without being RUSHED!

It was so nice! I am very thankful to Lantz for letting me have that little bit of me time. I love being with Sadie, but it is nice to occasionally have time for just me.

I am very lucky to have both Lantz and Sadie in my life. I love them both very much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I was able to give you a little quality 'me-time.' You deserve it.
    Love, Lantz

    ReplyDelete